Start Your Career Today with KLH
Design Engineer with 5+ years of experience in water and wastewater applications, preferably with a Professional Engineers license in Pennsylvania or the ability to acquire by reciprocity or testing.
KLH Engineers, Inc. is looking to fill the role of Office Administrator. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of three years’ experience with the following office management and project assistance duties:
- Reception – Greet visitors, accept deliveries, answer phones, open mail.
- Type, edit, format, print, assemble, mail out: Correspondence, reports, proposals.
- Maintain and update standard specifications.
- Work with Project Engineers to prepare specifications for project bid.
- Work with Project Engineers to format and prepare project reports.
- Manage project public bidding for all KLH projects. Duties include advertising for bid, tracking plan holders, and preparing bid tabulations.
- Filing – General correspondence, reports, contract documents. Set up the coming year’s general correspondence system and archive the old year.
- Drawings – Scan/copy/print.
- Mail/email and file invoices.
- Setup file folders (hardcopy and electronic) for new employees/clients.
- New employee setup – add to phone system, update seating charts, make business cards, make ID badges, provide equipment.
- Maintain phone list, client list, seating chart, company organization chart.
- Maintain new phone system using website (add new employees, voicemail to email, etc.)
- Order office supplies, kitchen supplies.
- Order employee and client clothing with KLH logo.
- Make hotel reservations for employees as required for projects and conferences.
- Conferences – complete employee conference registrations, hotel reservations, and client dinners.
- Organize client Christmas parties with Client Manager direction.
- Arrange lunch & learns, coffee & donuts, etc.
- Conference room scheduling.
- Schedule and coordinate copier maintenance.
- Facilitate client Christmas Card signing.
- Update website with news and photos.
- Maintain and send artwork for advertisements in publications, sponsorships, etc.
Qualified candidates shall be highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook. Additionally, experience with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator is desired.
$22 – $25 an hour
Number of hires for this role
1 – 2
Paid time off
Full Job Description
KLH Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Construction Observer to work on municipal, water and wastewater construction projects in and around western Pennsylvania, namely Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Washington County and Westmoreland County.
Role and Responsibilities
- Regular interaction with property owners, contractors, clients, and engineers
- Perform on-site inspections in determining if work is in accordance with contract documents.
- Written reporting of operations, measurements and installed quantities.
- Attend job meetings, such as pre-construction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences and other project-related meetings.
- Respond to project emergencies on behalf of the project manager at the direction of the project manager.
- Review applications for payment with Contractor for compliance with the established procedure for their submission and forward with recommendations to project manager.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction observation experience on water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and plans.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner both verbally as well as with clear, concise written correspondence.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable mode of transportation.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to walk and work outdoors on uneven terrain
- Must be able to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold
About KLH Engineers, Inc.
Over our 40-year history, KLH Engineers, Inc. has provided engineering services to more than 400 municipal clients, over 100 of which we are serving today. Our experience is varied and comprehensive, and encompasses planning, design, permitting, and construction administration of water, wastewater, and municipal facilities. The unique blend of expertise that we offer derived, in part, from the size of our firm — large enough to provide a breath of knowledge, yet small enough to deliver individualized service.
KLH Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
Work Location: Multiple locations
Please mail your resume and cover letter to:
KLH Engineers, Inc.
5173 Campbells Run Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Or simply complete the form below:
"*" indicates required fields